A watch zone is currently in place in Far Northern Queensland from Cape York to Cape Grenville and Cape Flattery to Cape Tribulation, including Cooktown and adjacent inland areas, as Tropical Cyclone Trevor continues to intensify.
Currently classified Category 1, Tropical Cyclone Trevor is expected to intensify to a Category 2 before crossing the eastern Cape York Peninsula later tomorrow.
Abnormally high tides are expected from tomorrow morning along the far north Queensland coast, with residents urged to avoid parking cars in low lying tidal areas. The BOM also forecasts gale force and potentially destructive winds as well as heavy rainfall, which may lead to flash flooding over the next few days.
Click here to visit the BOM website for regular updates and alerts.
How Maintenance Manager can help
While we realise most of you would be accustomed to preparing for tropical cyclones in the far north, we thought we would share some tips with you about how Maintenance Manager can help during weather events like this.
Because Maintenance Manager is cloud-based, you can use the system to keep people informed and updated even if your servers go down. This will allow you to issue notifications to ensure tenants know what to do to protect themselves and the property.
- Issue a bulk email to all landlords, tenants and tradespeople to provide them with the State Emergency Services (SES) hotline number 132 500.
- Include basic safety instructions in the email, such as:
- Never enter or attempt to drive through flood waters
- Stock up on essential food, water and medical supplies
- Do not leave home unless absolutely necessary
- Re-issue invitations to tenants to download the Maintenance Manager App on their smart phone. Not sure how to do this? Watch our short instructional video
- Remind tenants to log all repair and maintenance requests via the App.
Following these tips will help you be known as property managers who care and are here to help.
Stay safe and please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 155 888 for further assistance.
Image Source: https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/tropical-cyclone-trevor-nears-queensland-bringing-heavy-rain-and-destructive-winds/news-story/a00d77d86346f965d4a91da03db462d5