The record breaking Lismore flood has seen the CBD go underwater and more than 15,000 homes are estimated to be flooded in Brisbane. While some of the rain has eased across QLD flood warnings are still in place and the weather system is continuing to head south into NSW.
Disaster assistance has been activated for some QLD council areas and those eligible will be able to access payments from today. As crews begin to mop up Property Managers may start to receive an influx of requests for help to assess any damage and attend to repairs.
How Maintenance Manager can help
While we realise most of you would be accustomed to preparing for emergencies, we thought we would share some tips with you about how Maintenance Manager can help during times like these.
- Remind tenants to log all repair and maintenance requests via the app or web portal. This will help you to collate all the jobs in a central location to attend to quickly and efficiently.
- Issue a bulk email to all landlords, tenants and tradespeople to provide them with the State Emergency Services (SES) hotline number 132 500.
- Include basic safety instructions in the email, such as:
- Never enter or attempt to drive through flood waters – if it’s flooded, forget it
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water.
- Depending on the type of flooding:
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
- Stay where you are
Stay safe and please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 155 888 for further assistance.
Click here to visit the BOM website for regular updates and alerts.
Image source – https://news.sky.com/story/australia-flooding-torrential-rain-in-brisbane-kills-eight-people-after-river-peaks-and-floods-homes-12554010